Film, television, stage, and voice actors - we all have something in common. Acting, of course! But we’re all different, too, and not just because we’re all unique individuals. I’m talking about the work we do, and how it can certainly be categorized under the same “acting” umbrella, but when you take a closer look, each area is vastly different from the others.
Now, I might be a tad biased when I say this, but I wholeheartedly believe that voice acting is the best of the various acting branches. Want to know why? Here are 6 reasons for you:
1. I don’t have to follow a dress code. While I don’t just roll out of bed and hit the mic looking like a tired slob, I certainly don’t get dressed up for the occasion either. And that is NICE.
2. I don’t have to go anywhere if I don’t want to. Because I have everything I need in my home studio, I get to be a hermit if I feel like it.
3. I only have to worry about my voice. While other actors may have to do things to physically prepare for a role, like lose or gain weight, or grow out a beard or shave their head, none of these apply to me. All I care about is how I sound.
4. Stage fright is not really a factor. Unless I’m doing a reading at a studio somewhere and all the sound techs are staring at me, I never get that sweaty-palmed, shaky-breathing, awful feeling of stage fright.
5. I get to make my own schedule. For the most part, I’m working on my own schedule. There’s nobody depending on me to be somewhere at a certain time, so I just work whenever I want to as long as I'm meeting my deadlines.
6. The paparazzi don’t follow me around. They don’t know what I look like, so how can they?!
What about you guys? What are YOUR reasons for why being a voice over actor is the best type of actor to be?
Post a Comment