We live in a world right now where everything is “green” this and “green” that. There’s more focus than ever before on living a more environmentally-friendly lifestyle, and like most people, you probably do what you can to help the planet. While you may have gone paperless with things like your bank statement or your utility bills, have you made the switch to a paperless home studio? If not, consider these reasons why you should.
1. It’s relatively inexpensive, easy to do, and this is the world we’re living in now! We are in the digital age, where nearly everyone and everything has shifted to an electronic format. Trading in papers for digital versions on tablets and computers is already the norm in many professions, and there’s no reason why it shouldn’t be in voice over too. These devices can be acquired with minimal expense, and it even computer unsavvy people can navigate them easily.
2. Another benefit to going paperless? There’s no sounds of page turning or papers being rustled and shifted! This is great for actors who are reading lengthy scripts or recording audiobooks. Instead of thumbing through noisy pages, you can just swipe the screen.
3. Access all your documents quickly and easily. When things are stored digitally, they are so much easier to find. Instead of rifling through papers jammed in a file, you just click to where you need to go. Setting up an organizational system is so easy when you have everything stored on a hard drive, or better yet, the cloud. Plus, if you do lose something, you can just do a quick search by typing in some keywords!
4. You’ll save on space. Once you go paperless in your home studio, you’ll be amazed at how much more room you have. Gone is the necessity for file cabinets and drawers, or stacks of file folders and paperwork everywhere.
5. There’s also more flexibility in when and where you work. If you have everything stored digitally, you can access it from anywhere, and at any time!